While this community specializes in the swapping of rare folklore and fairy tales, topics aslo include classic fairy tales, myths, fables, and legends; films, art, and other creative works based on our favorites; as well as our favorite children's tales and modern-day works reminiscent of ancient tales.
Feel free to share favorite full stories or excerpts; recommend collections/books/films; post your pictures/illustrations/photography; and discuss the history, beauty, and magic of a great folk tale.
1) Introduce yourself. (We're not gonna force you, but we appreciate it.)
2) Be kind to one another. NO FLAMING!
3) Keep posts ON TOPIC. If you post something that is off-topic (whether accidentally or intentionally), it will be removed.
4) Use the LJ Cut for entries longer than a paragraph and/or containing more than one picture. If a post is in need of an LJ Cut, the post will be automatically deleted after which you'll be able to repost if it's appropriate. I'm kind of lenient on this one and it's done case-by-case...but there you have it.
5) ABOUT COMMUNITY PROMOS! The "Related Communities" column has been converted to "Affiliates." Existing related communities will remain for 30 days. If a link back is not provided your community will be removed. Affiliates are allowed to promote their community on the main page of this forum.
Community promo posts on the main page that have not been approved by the moderator (whether they are related or unrelated) will be deleted. You may link to outside related websites, however: posts containing ONLY a link to a website (be it yours or someone else's) with no further explanation will be deleted.
6) Have fun!
(The Moderator reserves the right to delete any post or ban any member she deems to be in violation of these guidelines. The Moderator will make every effort to notify via comment why your entry was deleted and whether or not it is appropriate to repost)